Social and digital media is unarguably the greatest influence on citizens and consumers today. Welcomed or unwanted. Valued or scorned. It is a fact.
- In North America, individuals spend 5 hours on the internet every day. (Statista 2020)
- Half of this time is spent with social media specifically and 72% of all U.S. adults are social media users. (80% plus under 50 and 90% under 30) (GlobalWebIndex and Pew Research)
- Ninety-nine percent of users access social media via mobile and they average 8.3 accounts on social media platforms. (Hootsuite)
At Fifth Influence, we embrace and seize this truth.
We help our clients compete in an era of “communication Darwinism” where eyeballs need to be won via six-second ads thumbed-through in a newsfeed on a 5-inch screen.
- Over half of all online brand discovery happens in public social feeds. (Hootsuite)
- The average Facebook user clicked on 12 ads in the last 30 days. (Hootsuite)
- Weak social ads create negative emotional response in less than a second, before the viewer blinks.
Strong, successful digital and social media marketing and advertising is both emotive and performance driven. Creative must be impassioned and when appropriate even controversial. Video is the top media format in social media. Unlike broadcast though, affecting messages and stories must be told in 6 to 15-seconds or at least superbly tease a full narrative. In addition, the power of remarketing allows you to build your story over time in a serial fashion with those that engage.
Performance driven means analytically determined media planning and creative decisions. We arrange and manage media budgets just like mutual fund managers direct the investments in their funds. We continuously research, monitor, and assess our clients’ campaigns and efforts, frequently and rapidly moving dollars to the digital and social media platforms and vehicles that are delivering the greatest return at that time for the specific objective set. Additionally, we always start campaigns with A/B creative testing and consistently refine the creative with ongoing split testing, constantly analyzing a family of performance metrics. Split testing ads improves cost-per-acquisition by 72%. (Facebook)
Ok, you’re right, we got a bit in the weeds. We’re fanatical though about what we can do for you, with you, together. Advocating new, forward-looking business & societal ideas is hard. Emotive & performance driven campaigns in social & digital media can help effect the change you desire, confidently & measurably. We look forward to chatting with you about the possibilities. Thank you.